Friday 22 April 2016

WITH 50,000, I STARTED,BUT TODAY WE HAVE TAKEN OVER IN THE BUSINESS-- JOHN MOMAH

I STARTED MY BUSINESS WITH JUST 50,000 BUT TODAY WE ARE EVERY WHERE AROUND THE WORLD
- CHIEF JOHN CHIGOZIE MOMAH
Kindly introduce yourself sir?
Yes welcome, am Chief John Chigozie Momah, the MD, Johngate industrial company, a renowned international businessman a native of Anambra state from nnewi local government, I was born in the year 1966, I went to primary school, in my village, from there my high school then to the university of Nigeria, Nsuka.
How long have you been in this tyre, batteries, brake fluid and other business, because what we see on ground is very huge?
Well I can says decades, I have been managing this business for years though it was not like this when we started but today to God be the glory ,when we are growing up I saw lot of different business people do, but God directed my feet towards this particular one, today it’s a success story.

Tell me in particular, which kind of business you do?
Well been a business man, we are into the importation of good from Switzerland, Germany, USA, china and south-Korea to mentioned but few, we import mainly automobile products, batteries,tyres and other spare parts.
Sir Looking backwards sir, can we say this business you are doing is what you really wanted to do as a growing up boy; in reaching this stature can we say there are no challenges along the way?
 Laugh!!!well nothing is smooth, but because of the determination in me to make end meet, I was ready to make things happen in my side, but by the grace of God things work out the way I plan it, but really at the beginning it was not too smooth looking at my background that my father did not even has a bicycle not to talk of anything so you can see that it’s tough, I try all my possible best to be what I am today.
Can we say you are a fulfilled businessman now or not?
Well I will say yes and the other side says No, when I say yes, God has really blessed me so much that as of today I can fit in to the elite class but at the same time I did not want to lose my focus, because I believe I can still torch life’s more than what we have been able to do, because it is good to assist the less privileges, God bless you to be a blessing to others so that is why I said No, with God always on my side I know he will give me wisdom to do more to the society.
You are nominated for a legendary award in Benin Edo State, sir such award come with a lot of responsibility, how prepared are you towards any challenge that come your way as a result of the award?
I can says God is the only one that can scale one through in any challenges, it is by the grace of God, so I believe that with God all things are possible, also to me I know am ready to face any challenges that comes my way with God on my side, really I was surprised when I was told have been nominated for such an award, this tells me that where ever you are or doing people are watching you. I so much give thanks to God for that honor.
Lots of youth outside there will want to be like you, looking at the achievement you have made in your business, what are your words to them?
To achieve once desire is very easy, most importantly you first put everything in the hand of God, and you will be focus and plan very well at what you are looking at, some people believe that you need somebody hand to pull you up before you can get there, I use to tell people that will listen that it’s a lair, sometime you might not need anybody but your determination to make your dreams come true, you are not created to be servant to others, so you can achieve what you want to achieve without anybody pulling you up, like me I started very little but today the result is everywhere around the world now.
As a businessman when was your turning point, can you share with us?
Good question, well I will say my turning point was when everything that I has was not up to 50.000, and I was able to meet some business guy that usually come for business, they are native of shaki in Oyo state, one day they came for business, they met with me saying that they heard a lot about me, i.e., am very focused and determined to work, that they were told that if they support me by giving me cash to do business I will do it well and returned their money to them fast, so after they have change the money they gave me 12million,I collected it and inside me I said to myself I must not disappoint them which I did, few days later they came back and their money is ready including the little I made as profit, so I started from there, with the money I was able to import bicycle, batteries and other goods ,so from there I sell and send their money back to them, so I can say that was my turning point.
Who can we say what your mentor in business, the person actually look unto as a role model?
My major mentor is GOD, the almighty, also Cosmas maduka, chairman coscharis motors, we are from the same places, like we started together, so I said to myself if he can make it, I also will make it, and God has been on my side.
Let’s look at the role of your better half your wife in this achievement process, what has been her role?
Yes I thank God that he gave me the bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh and the person that understand me the more, I thank God for giving me my better half, she is all and all, she gives me lot of encouragement and support even when the going was rough after God there is no any other person except my wife.
As a businessman are you satisfy with the level of governance today in the country?
I will say no, the reason why I said so is that if you look at the Nigeria of yester years while I was in school, then we never know that education can will be so expensive like this, then if we want to drink water, we just go to the tap open our hand water falls into it and we drink. Some of our leaders disappointed us, we are really bless with enough mineral resources, but still we are leaving in poverty, so I think the government can do more, and at this junction I will like to advices the youth to be more alive in their responsibility. I will want them to come out with ideal that will help them come up with policy not to rely on government to survive. I believe there is nothing God cannot do, we should seek him all the time and Nigeria will return to its glory.
What did life taught you as a young man while you are growing, or can we say your earlier is just like the ordinary boy on the street?

I came up like the ordinary boy on the street, I was born into a polygamous home, it happen that my father first wife’s daughter is older than my mother, my father married four wife, so you will know where am coming from. My father is a disciplinary person and he taught us to be disciplined that is what we are enjoying today.thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment